Thursday, September 13, 2007

Life List Day 179 - Sleep on My Back

My back's been feeling a bit twingey lately, so I finally decided to follow the advice of the chiropractor I saw several years ago: Sleep on my back.

Here's my usual favorite sleep position (only substitute a pillow for the weapon, and put me in jammies):



I have to say, it was really hard to sleep on my back. Everything in me wanted to flip over.

I stuck with it, and eventually I did sleep...only to wake up on my stomach again around 3 AM.

I gave sleeping on my back one more try, but when I woke up at 5 AM again on my stomach, it just felt too good to give up.

Ah, well...I figure it'll take getting used to. I'll try again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! I will wake up in the middle of the night in different positions and completely unable to move.

A suggestion from my chiropractor...

get a bunch of pillows (no issues for me), surround yourself with the pillows to prevent rolling over. It sometimes works for me. I've also found that those pillows that you see at airports that are like neck pillows work well. I sleep with it under my neck for extra support.

Good luck!

Livingsword said...

Jill;
You can’t fool me, how did you take that self portrait?

My wife has a bad back from a workplace injury plus a congenital back issue, two different parts of the back, she lives with chronic pain, it always hurts, its just a matter of how much. Typically she sleeps on her side with a pillow between her knees, or if on her back she puts a pillow under her knees.

Anonymous said...

To the owner of this blog, how far youve come?