Friday, September 14, 2007

Life List Day 180 - Tour Camarillo, CA

I was up in Camarillo to meet with a book club and - since I got there early - my friend, Monica (who is from there & whose mom's book club we were going to) toured me around the town for a couple hours.

It felt like one of Huell Howser's shows...where he visits seemingly ordinary places in California and uncovers their secret charms. I only knew about Camarillo as the home of outlet malls, so I was pleasantly surprised at all the cute old buildings, sweeping farms, and interesting twists and turns.

Plus, coming from a beach town where things are always bustling, it was strange to see that not that far from home is a place that actually gets dark at night...and utterly soundless.

2 comments:

joshua said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.