Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Life List Day 224 - Watch a Scary Movie

I haven't watched a scary movie in ages because, frankly, I get spooked enough by things going bump in the night without a movie adding to my imagination.

Today, I decided to be a big, brave girl and watch one.

I tried to get Psycho - may as well go with a classic (which I've never seen) - but I went to three video stores and nobody had it, so I got the movie 1408 instead. It's new to DVD, is based on a Stephen King story, and stars John Cusack (I figured if I was making myself sit through a scary movie, I may as well treat myself to John Cusack). Basically, a writer who writes about scary places to visit insists (against warnings from the hotel manager, played by Samuel L. Jackson) on staying in room 1408, which he'd heard was haunted.

It was pretty good but, really, not that scary - it reminded me of The Shining, but minus the really creepy kid and that lady in the tub (I STILL can't stand a closed shower curtain for fear of what might be behind it).

A fun surprise: The main character happened to live in Hermosa Beach, the little town where I live. I was watching and there was my post office, and my local bar, some nearby streets...and all I could think was, John Cusack was in town and I missed it!?!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the owner of this blog. Ive enjoyed reading this topic.