Monday, November 5, 2007

Life List Day 230 - Create a Menu for the Week

My son, Danny, and I have had more than our fair share of dinners consisting of frozen entrees or such culinary delights as cheese melted on Triscuits. I often WANT to make a good dinner, but I don't have the ingredients I need. Or I can't think of anything.

Today, as part of my effort to eat more healthfully, I made a menu of meals for each day this week. Then I used the list to do my grocery shopping.

So now I have everything I need on hand.

Tonight's dinner: Veggie burgers and "Oprah fries."

I've never planned meals ahead like this before, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Danny is already loving it: he can't wait for Thursday - that's chili night, his all-time favorite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are "Oprah fries?" I like Oprah and I like fries so perhaps I will like those, too.

Nancy R said...

I do that every week - the menu of meals and the grocery list from it. As anal as I sometimes feel, it's totally a time-saver and removes that late afternoon mind-boggle of "WHAT am I going to make for dinner?"

Your bonus is that Danny is old enough to get the meals started - especially since he can check to see what you have planned.

Anonymous said...

To the owner of this blog, how far youve come?