Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Life List Day 231 - Vote

Today being election day, I exercised my civic right (or is it performed my civic duty?) and headed to the polls.

Since there wasn't anything "big" on the ballot - just city council and school board - I nearly blew it off. But then I remembered a few years ago when a city council position was decided by TWO VOTES. Yes, that's how small my town is, and how important every vote can be.

It was a good thing I went. They didn't have me registered for some reason. I was able to cast a provisional ballot, but now I know I'd better go check on my registration - I sure don't want to miss out on the upcoming presidential election. For that one, I plan to vote early ... and vote often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the blog owner. What a blog! nice idea.