Thursday, November 8, 2007

Life List Day 233 - Plan "A" Thwarted...So I Make Onion Rings Instead

My plan for today was to go the entire day without buying anything - not even so much as a pack of gum. I've been spending like a drunken sailor on leave, so I thought a day off would be good for me. A couple hours ago, however, my son called and said, "Kevin has a migraine. If I buy Advil for him, will you pay me back?"

Rats. Far be it from me not to underwrite my son's friends' over-the-counter drug habits. There went Plan A.

Luckily, I'd been thinking of trying this new Weight Watchers onion ring recipe, so that's what I did instead.

Weight Watchers Onion Rings

sweet onions
bread crumbs
egg beaters
spray cooking oil

Slice onions into double rings. Dip each double ring in egg beaters, then in bread crumbs, and set on a cookie sheet. Spray with cooking oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Turn, spray again and cook 5 minutes more. And, tada!...

If you're expecting restaurant-style onion rings, you'd be sorely disappointed. They beat the frozen kind you buy in a bag at the grocery store, though, and for any Weight Watchers in the crowd, they're 1 point for about a cup's worth.

(Oh, and Caitlin, here's the recipe for those Oprah fries.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the blog owner. What a blog! nice idea.