Monday, November 12, 2007

Life List Day 237 - Give a Kitty Full Access to My House

A while back I was trying to help a stray cat, who turned out not to be a stray at all, but my neighbor's cat. Even though he has a home, darned if he hasn't been trying to wriggle into mine little by little. (I think he's quite neglected - often locked out for days at a time.)

I found myself feeding him, going outside to sit with him on the patio for a nice cuddle (hiding from my neighbor just in case he's the jealous type), and finally letting the cat in as far as my kitchen. Every time, he wheedles to check things out (you know what they say about cats and curiosity), but I don't let him because, 1) I'm afraid he might have fleas, 2) I'm afraid he may pee on things, 3) he's not my cat!

Today, I gave in to the inevitable and let him into my house.

As you can see, he was quite content to visit.


He hung out for an hour or so, slept, ate, then went on his way without so much as a goodbye.

Men.

3 comments:

Livingsword said...

Jill….“Men”…

…how sexist of you….and of course accurate :)

Cute cat…your such a nicey nice to let him hang out with you…but he seems to bringing something to your life also :)

Livingsword said...

OK I just read the Passion Party article…the male cat is hanging around because you are wearing “Pure Instinct”. You use “biological warfare” on the cat and then he gets in trouble for hanging out with you!!!! LOL LOL Plus your feeding him….!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.