Saturday, November 17, 2007

Life List Day 242 - Brush My Teeth With Baking Soda


This is one borne of necessity: Today, I was getting ready to brush my teeth when I accidentally dropped my tube of toothpaste in the toilet. Needless to say, the 5-second rule didn't apply in this situation.

I could have put off brushing my teeth until later after I ran to the store, but brushing my teeth with baking soda is one of those things I've always wanted to try. So I did.

I was worried it would be really gritty (like biting into a sweater...eeeeeegh...the worst feeling ever) but it wasn't.

It was, however, surprisingly sour.

Afterwards, I didn't have that cool, minty fresh feeling - but I have to say, my teeth felt really clean.

I'm not sure if I'll keep doing it though ... isn't toothpaste supposed to have flouride?

3 comments:

Livingsword said...

Just looking at the “Arm & Hammer” image makes you think twice of routinely brushing your teeth with it. Perhaps it comes in flavors? LOL

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.

Samuel said...

I've tried brushing my teeth with baking soda as well. But before I did it, I consulted a dentist (Bartlett) just to make sure that it's good for my teeth.