Thursday, November 22, 2007

Life List Day 247 - Cook Dinner & Give Thanks

I've never cooked a Thanksgiving meal before - I'm always either invited somewhere or I blow off the holiday and head for Palm Springs or Vegas.

Today, I cooked dinner for Danny and me: turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry relish, yams, corn, salad and pumpkin pie. It wasn't entirely from scratch, but it was served up all fancy-like on platters and bowls as if it was.

At dinner, I tried to get Danny to list the things he's thankful for, but he wasn't playing ...kept claiming he didn't want to talk with his mouth full.

I listed mine, and - I tried not to be corny -but the truth is, the stuff I'm thankful for IS all pretty hokey...my son, my family, my good friends, that I've had books published, the rodents, that I get to live in such a fantastic place.

It's easy to wallow in the stuff that's not going right, so it's good for me to remember that, all in all, I'm pretty darned blessed.

3 comments:

Faith said...

It doesn't matter if the things you're thankful for are hokey. What matters is that they are meaningful to you and that you are thankful for them!!

Livingsword said...

Jill…there is nothing hokey about any of that...sounds great…Who are you thanking?

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about these. Well someday Ill create a blog to compete you! lolz.