Friday, November 23, 2007

Life List Day 248 - Risk the Crowds for Black Friday

I considered joining in a movement called Buy Nothing Day, in which you pledge not to buy anything today, "Black Friday," the busiest shopping day of the year.

But those sales ads got to me. I swear, at Macy's they seemed to be practically GIVING stuff away!

So today - even though I'm not really big on shopping - I braved the crowds to start my Christmas shopping. I hit two malls and Target.

Surprisingly, I found parking easily and really didn't encounter that huge of crowds. Of course, the sales didn't strike me as all that spectacular, either...I think you had to get up at 5 a.m. to catch the early-bird sales to get the big deals.

Ah, well, I may not have struck a blow for anti-consumerism, but I did spend $12, thus supporting the economy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would consider spending only $12 on Black Friday to be striking a blow for anti-consumerism :)

Unknown said...

I on the other hand supported Black Friday. I bought a car. Of course there was no way to get back to Western KS with the car I had so buying a car was just what I needed.

Livingsword said...

LOL

A lot of us Canadians were down in the States for the weekend shopping, huge lineups at the boarder. We just want to help out our friends to the south and of course now that our dollar is higher than the US dollar finally it pays to shop there!

My wife loves Lucy! And I love her in Lucy clothes!

Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.