Monday, December 3, 2007

Life List Day 258 - Hold Out for the Right Lights

Since I've mostly lived in apartments, I haven't needed outdoor Christmas lights because I haven't had an outdoors. Now that I'm in a house, I realized I can string lights. I bought those white icicle lights because I noticed that's what everybody else has...it's a lot of twinkling for the buck.

Before I hung them, though, I realize that I don't like icicle lights. I mean, they're OK, but they're sort of souless.

THESE kind are the ones I love.

So today, I made a special trip to Target to return the icicle lights to buy and then hang the RIGHT kind of lights: Big, clunky, colorful ones that I hung without any regard to whether they were straight...and in fact I sort of like the jaunty angle I achieved.

I stood looking at my house and smiled...definitely worth the effort. It's very Charlie Brownish in its sincerity.

3 comments:

Faith said...

I love your lights! That's the kind I want for my house as well. (NB--we didn't hang lights outside this year, though.)

Anonymous said...

Those were the kind of lights we had on our tree when I was a kid. Definitely nostalgia-making.

Anonymous said...

If im in the situation of the owner of this blog. I dont know how to post this kind of topic. he has a nice idea.