Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Life List Day 266 - Try Out a New Mall

Since I only spent $12 on Black Friday, it stands to reason I have a bit more Christmas shopping to do.

Today, I started to do what I always do: go to the same old mall, and complain they have the same old stores that carry the same old crap.

Then I remembered there's a new outdoor shopping plaza near the airport - no farther than my usual mall. So - even though the only stores I knew for sure it had were Best Buy and Whole Foods - I decided to do my shopping there.

It was so nice! Nearly empty! Better stores! New! Clean! Did I mention nearly empty!!?

I didn't get all of my shopping done, but I sure did make a sizeable dent. And instead of it being the nightmare I was predicting, the experience was downright pleasant (made even more so by the fact that my son was hanging out in the car, CHEERILY DOING HIS HOMEWORK while I shopped).

And BTW, thanks everyone for your posts and emails about my quandry as to whether or not to continue this life list - I got a lot of great suggestions and inspiration that is at least keeping me going at least for now!

2 comments:

Livingsword said...

I love Christmas shopping! I can just envision all those happy faces, of occurs we just purchased a new TV….lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the blog owner. What a blog! nice idea.