Thursday, December 13, 2007

Life List Day 268 - Try Sprinkles Cupcakes


There's a chichi cupcake store in Beverly Hills called Sprinkles that I've been wanting to try. There's apparently always a line to buy these cupcakes, which run $3.50 each and are supposedly divine.

Today while I was in Beverly Hills getting my hair cut, I walked the half-mile or so to Sprinkles to try them for myself.

There was a line of about 10 people ahead of me - when I got into the tiny bakery, it smelled outrageously good - not sugary good, but something buttery/fatty/cakey good. Each day, they offer a dozen or so varieties, rotating the selection. I bought a red velvet with white icing, a white cupcake with coconut, and a chocolate with peppermint.

So far I've split the red velvet with my son. The icing was really delicious (and in fact, you can buy a "shot" of icing only for 75 cents) but, to be honest, the cakey part was just okay. Then again, I've never had a red velvet cake, so maybe this is all there is to it.

To give the other flavors a fair shake, I may have to take bites out of them before they get stale.

The sacrifices I make for this life list...

5 comments:

Epoch [z] said...

I'm impressed. You're life list is still going strong. Cupcakes do sound inviting... so delicious and yummy :) Red velvet is a personal favorite of mine after trying it at a family gathering. White cupcake with coconut... sounds pretty good.

~Epoch [z]

Rachel said...

Yay cupcakes! I loved The Next Thing On My List (and this blog) so was happy to see my favorite dessert on here. I run a cupcake blog you might enjoy, though we've been accused of making people very hungry!

http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com

Livingsword said...

Did I mention my elliptical trainer and stationary bike? Well I needed them after reading this! LOL

Hannah said...

I love cupcakes. Best treat ever.
Sprinkles is pretty good. But you have to try Yummy Cupcakes. So so so good. There is one is Santa Monica and one in Burbank.

Http://www.yummycupcakes.com

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thats all.